Welcome to the Baldwinsville Volunteer Center!
We are the only local community volunteer center in Onondaga County, funded 100% through community donations. Our goal is to increase voluntarism by providing volunteer matching, and nurturing new volunteer based programs and initiatives.
If you are looking for somewhere to donate your time and talent, browse through our listing of volunteer opportunities which include programs run by the Volunteer Center, as well as opportunities with various community organizations.
To post a volunteer opportunity, call or email us at the office.
Impact on Baldwinsville during 2012:
- Christmas Bureau provided food, toys, clothing and household items to 171 families, 115 senior citizens and 22 group home residents for a total of nearly 700 individuals served
- 77 Families received complete Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets
- 65 Mentors are working with school children in seven of our local schools for the 2012-2013 school year
- 100′s of Individuals, Groups and Businesses donated to Christmas Bureau
- B’ville C.A.R.E.S. Program is a new initiative offering crisis intervention, advocacy, referrals to individuals and families and a Kids Kount group for children in grades K-6
- A $1,000 Teen Volunteer Scholarship awarded to a college-bound senior
- Coordination of a community-wide effort to stock area food pantries with basic household and personal care supplies through our H.E.L.P. (Household Essentials for Living Pantry) project
- Host the annual recognition event to honor the Man & Woman Volunteer of the Year
- Host an annual Volunteer Recruitment Fair to promote and recruit potential volunteers
- Meeting space is made available for community groups
Programs Operated by the Baldwinsville Volunteer Center:
- Christmas Bureau
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Household Essentials for Living Pantry project (H.E.L.P.)
- B’ville C.A.R.E.S. (Community Action Resource & Empowerment Support)
- Information and Referral Helpline
-Sue McKee, 2003 Outstanding Woman Volunteer of the Year